17 Day Deluxe Southeast Asia
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2020 Dates & Prices|
|2021 Dates & Prices|
Flights from the USA may arrive in the early morning on DAY 3.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights Hanoi-Da Nang, Da Nang-Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City-Siem Reap, Siem Reap-Chiang Mai & Chiang Mai-Bangkok.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights Los Angeles-Hanoi, Bangkok-Los Angeles
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All Intra-flights: Hanoi-Da Nang, Da Nang-Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City-Siem Reap, Siem Reap-Chiang Mai & Chiang Mai-Bangkok
- 15 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Hanoi
- 1 night Ha Long Bay
- 2 nights Hoi An
- 2 nights Ho Chi Minh City
- 2 nights Siem Reap
- 3 nights Chiang Mai
- 3 nights Bangkok
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- Maximum 28 passengers per tour
- 34 meals: 15 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 10 dinners with wine
- Welcome and farewell receptions
- Hotel porterage
- Comprehensive sightseeing with all entrance fees per itinerary
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of local guides in Cambodia & Vietnam
- Comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Visit Ho Chi Minh's house, the infamous Hanoi Hilton and the Temple of the Jade Mountain
- Attend an enchanting performance of the world-famous Water Puppets in Hanoi
- Sail on a luxurious “junk” on fairy-tale Ha Long Bay past jagged cliffs, grottos and hidden caves
- Discover the beauty of ancient Hoi An on the walking tour of this UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In Hoi An, a private market adventure with a local Chef, followed by a cooking lesson
- Visit the infamous Cu Chi Tunnels, a secretive underground network built by the Viet Cong
- Exclusive lecture and tour of Old Saigon conducted by Tim Doling, a writer and local historian
- Boat excursion on wondrous Tonle Sap Lake, with its rich and diverse ecosystem
- At Angkor Thom, view the dramatic Terrace of the Elephants and Terrace of the Leper Kings
- Stand before the puzzling giant smiling stone faces at the mysterious Bayon Temple
- Visit Angkor Wat, an architectural masterpiece named a "Seven Wonder of the World."
- Watch the glorious sunset from a traditional Khmer boat on the moat at Angkor Thom
- Ascend Doi Suthep to visit Wat Phra That, the most sacred temple in Northern Thailand
- Tour Bangkok's elaborate Grand Palace, Temple of the Emerald Buddha and serene Wat Po
- Rice planting lesson by a local grower - change into mud boots and a farmer's mor hom
- Dinner cruise on a traditional teak rice barge, with views of glittering Bangkok
Flights from the USA may arrive in the early morning DAY 3.
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This moderately active program covers a fair amount of ground each day. Expect from two to three hours walking on some touring days. The pace is moderate, however you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. There are 72 steps in the Angkor Wat Temple, 37 of which have a steep incline. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, and people who have knee problems may want to carry a walking stick. Some tours require walking in the open air with no shade. A few early wake ups and some long drives from one city to another. This is a Deluxe program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Gate 1 Travel itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This deluxe hotel is located in the city center of Hanoi.Hotel Details
1 Day Halong BayShip Profile
This deluxe hotel is located on the banks of the Saigon River.Hotel Details
This deluxe resort is located in the heart of Siem Reap.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located in a lush garden setting within walking distance of the city's famous Night Bazaar.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The trip was fantastic. Mark and I are still talking about it and telling everyone about all the things we saw and did. Udom Is amazing and probably the best tour manager we have ever come across!! Not only was he always organized, he made everyone feel very special and he took loving care of each of us. His dedication to the Gate 1 family was incredible!! On a personal note, I would go on any trip anywhere with him. To be honest we feel like we made a friend for life and hope that we can see him again in the near future. The local guides were top notch as well. We were very impressed with each of them as they seem to be very well educated in addition to being friendly, outgoing and helpful. The itinerary was jam-packed and we feel that we really got a first class introduction to Southeast Asia. This was our first trip with Gate 1 and I can’t think of a better way to have been introduced to your company.Lonni S. & Mark R. Boynton Beach, FL
It was amazing! What a beautiful trip. Our tour director, Udom, was the best ever. The hotels were perfect, the food was fabulous, and the activities and tours were great. It was ALL so great that I’m running out of adjectives! It’s not easy getting to Southeast Asia, but so worth the trip. It’s good to be home!Debbie P. Bloomingdale, IL
Fantastic! We loved our fellow travelers, loved the trip, and our tour manager Mansi was the best. Looking forward to our next Gate 1 trip!David W. Briarcliff Manor, NY
It was a great experience. Usa is an excellent tour manager and we were very lucky to have a very congenial group of travelers. Among the local guides, Sopai, in Cambodia stood out the best to us. His English language skills were excellent and his knowledge of history and culture were extensive. His personality is well suited to teaching small groups.Paula B. Houston, TX
We had an absolutely great trip. Gate 1 did a fabulous job handling everything. The hotels were all very nice as well. I would like to give all the compliments and praise in the world to Luis. He was an absolutely amazing tour manager and person and handled the crew so well. He really added to the trip.Kristina D. South Miami, FL
It was my first Gate 1 experience and it was very good. The tour was as described and the lead Gate 1 guide, Shonder, was outstanding.Allen S. Henderson, NV
It was fabulous. One of the best trips I have ever taken. The tour was terrific, hotels fabulous and the tour guide was unbelievably great.Martin K. Los Angeles, CA
The trip was terrific. We loved everything about it and are looking forward to our next Gate 1 trip. Would like to mention how wonderful our tour manager was. Kit saw to every detail and did it with a smile. Also two local guides, Buffalo and Tran, were fantastic. They were very knowledgeable and shared their stories with us which really made the trip come alive. We commend you on providing us with such talented and personable guides.David W. Briarcliff, NY
It was amazing in every way! Wonderful itinerary and experiences, superb hotels, great companions and the best leader ever. We couldn't be more pleased and look forward to taking more Signature trips.Denise E. Biltmore Lake, NC
Everything was terrific - Gate 1 has fantastic guides, a great hotel selection and weather was perfect. The best trip we've taken - appreciate all you did to make it happen. The group we were with were all nice folks - and we meshed with several - so all in all a great trip.Joseph P. Potomac, MD
Although we have traveled with Gate 1 previously, this was our first Signature Collection trip. The trip met or exceeded our expectations in every way. We were impressed with the quality of the tours, the accommodations, and the restaurants. We are especially grateful to our outstanding Tour Manager, Alok, His extensive knowledge helped us appreciate India's culture and history and added so much to our enjoyment of the attractions and sights of the tour. We also appreciated Alok's attention to detail: visiting major attractions at the best possible times; checking menus before included meals; and smoothing our way through airports and rest stops. In addition to being an outstanding Tour Manager, Alok was great company throughout the trip. We would strongly recommend this tour to anyone who has an interest in visiting India.Jerrold W. Calabasas, CA
It is a great trip indeed and the arrangement was amazingly planned and quite extraordinary. Ms. Dawn, the trip manager, is very nice and hardworking and so a smooth and pleasurable trip had been insured. I appreciated everything which you guys did for such a beautiful European traveling.Raymond T. Jackson Hts, NY
It was a great trip and we are glad we did it. The weather was a bit cool and overcast, but it didn't dampen our spirits! At least the rain was minimal. Dawn, a British lady, was our tour guide/manager and she was OUTSTANDING!!!!! She deserves an A plus! Still in "recovery mode". Lots of great memories!Jean G. Starkville, MS
We had a wonderful trip. Everything was as described and went like clockwork. This was our first Gate 1 trip and we will certainly travel with you again. I believe that our tour guide, Washington deserves all the credit, he was unbelievable, from trains, buses and hotels to his vast knowledge of the area, everything was perfect. I certainly would like to tour with him again.Grace H. Ortonville, MI
Alecoque was an extremely competent and able tour manager. She provided great insight into Ireland's history and current political situation within the Eurozone. She was warm, friendly, professional, knowledgeable, positive, and treated each participant with the same degree of respect and attention. Likewise, John, the driver, was a great addition to the team. His expertise driving a large sized bus down narrow country roads and busy city streets was amazing. Always we felt safe and secure with his driving. The hotels, meals, local tour and guides, and scenic drives were all outstanding. For us, who have travel many times with Tauck, the tour far surpassed our expectations. We have NO COMPLAINTS. Please don't change a thing because you have a winning product. With Alecoque and John at the helm you can't go wrong with this tour. We would love to take it again!Nancy B. Potomac, MD