13 Day Deluxe Great Britain
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book OnlineHow to calculate single or triple prices
Click a Date to Book Online How to calculate single or triple prices
Book By Dec 12, 2019 & Save!
|2020 Dates & Prices|
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Aug 16 departure will attend an evening performance of the astonishing Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
Escorted Package Includes
- Flights New York-Edinburgh, London-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 11 nights Deluxe accommodations
- 2 nights Edinburgh
- 2 nights Windermere
- 2 nights Deganwy
- 2 nights Stratford-Upon-Avon
- 1 night Bath
- 2 nights London
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†♦
- Maximum 28 passengers per tour
- 20 meals: 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 8 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Visit Edinburgh Castle, home to the crown jewels of Scotland, and Holyrood Palace, the Queen's official residence in Scotland
- During August 16 departure, attend an evening performance of the astonishing Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle
- Enjoy lunch at the elegant Castletown Estate, a private manor house on the River Eden
- Walk through the exceptional garden of 30,000 flowers and topiary characters at Levens Hall
- Cruise on Windermere Lake, surrounded by panoramas of mountain scenery, bays and wooded islands
- In North Wales, visit the picturesque seaside town of Conwy with its stunning 13th century castle
- Visit the imposing Caernarfon Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and one of the country’s most impressive castles
- Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, home to William Shakespeare, England’s greatest poet and playwright
- Explore the many colleges at Oxford including Christ Church, used in many of the Harry Potter movies
- Tour gilded Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Winston Churchill, set in the rolling hills of the Cotswolds
- At Stonehenge, gaze at the mysterious magical ring of stones at this UNESCO Heritage Site
- Treasure a glorious day in enchanting Bath, home to Britain’s grandest Georgian architecture
- A special royal treat as we visit legendary Windsor Castle, the oldest inhabited castle in the world
- View London’s history and pageantry at the iconic Buckingham Palace
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
♦ London Gatwick Airport transfers available at an additional cost
Is This Trip Right for You?
This fast-paced trip covers a good amount of ground each day. We can spend two to three hours on our feet during tours where you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. Some hotels in Windermere and Conwy are built in the traditional local style and have no air conditioning. During heat waves, these hotels can become uncomfortable, even at higher elevations. This is a Deluxe program. For more information, click here.
"More of the World for Less!"
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Gate 1 Travel itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Shakespeare Country.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located nearby St Paul's Cathedral in London's business district.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Awesome! We had a terrific time and saw some of the most gorgeous scenery in the world. Ian, our tour guide, was excellent. He was so knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. We hated leaving him at the end of the trip. Kevin the bus driver was also awesome. He was so helpful and kind throughout the entire trip and his driving skills were unbelievable. We felt safe all the time no matter what were the road conditions! Everything throughout the trip was first rate...hotels, restaurants, shopping places, and every sight and excursion along the way was beyond fabulous. We will never forget the grand time we had on this trip and hope to be joining Gate 1 again in the future!Mary and Rick S. Galt, CA
Fantastic! We loved our fellow travelers, loved the trip, and our tour manager Mansi was the best. Looking forward to our next Gate 1 trip!David W. Briarcliff Manor, NY
It was a great experience. Usa is an excellent tour manager and we were very lucky to have a very congenial group of travelers. Among the local guides, Sopai, in Cambodia stood out the best to us. His English language skills were excellent and his knowledge of history and culture were extensive. His personality is well suited to teaching small groups.Paula B. Houston, TX
We had an absolutely great trip. Gate 1 did a fabulous job handling everything. The hotels were all very nice as well. I would like to give all the compliments and praise in the world to Luis. He was an absolutely amazing tour manager and person and handled the crew so well. He really added to the trip.Kristina D. South Miami, FL
It was my first Gate 1 experience and it was very good. The tour was as described and the lead Gate 1 guide, Shonder, was outstanding.Allen S. Henderson, NV
It was fabulous. One of the best trips I have ever taken. The tour was terrific, hotels fabulous and the tour guide was unbelievably great.Martin K. Los Angeles, CA
The trip was terrific. We loved everything about it and are looking forward to our next Gate 1 trip. Would like to mention how wonderful our tour manager was. Kit saw to every detail and did it with a smile. Also two local guides, Buffalo and Tran, were fantastic. They were very knowledgeable and shared their stories with us which really made the trip come alive. We commend you on providing us with such talented and personable guides.David W. Briarcliff, NY
It was amazing in every way! Wonderful itinerary and experiences, superb hotels, great companions and the best leader ever. We couldn't be more pleased and look forward to taking more Signature trips.Denise E. Biltmore Lake, NC
Everything was terrific - Gate 1 has fantastic guides, a great hotel selection and weather was perfect. The best trip we've taken - appreciate all you did to make it happen. The group we were with were all nice folks - and we meshed with several - so all in all a great trip.Joseph P. Potomac, MD
Although we have traveled with Gate 1 previously, this was our first Signature Collection trip. The trip met or exceeded our expectations in every way. We were impressed with the quality of the tours, the accommodations, and the restaurants. We are especially grateful to our outstanding Tour Manager, Alok, His extensive knowledge helped us appreciate India's culture and history and added so much to our enjoyment of the attractions and sights of the tour. We also appreciated Alok's attention to detail: visiting major attractions at the best possible times; checking menus before included meals; and smoothing our way through airports and rest stops. In addition to being an outstanding Tour Manager, Alok was great company throughout the trip. We would strongly recommend this tour to anyone who has an interest in visiting India.Jerrold W. Calabasas, CA
It is a great trip indeed and the arrangement was amazingly planned and quite extraordinary. Ms. Dawn, the trip manager, is very nice and hardworking and so a smooth and pleasurable trip had been insured. I appreciated everything which you guys did for such a beautiful European traveling.Raymond T. Jackson Hts, NY
It was a great trip and we are glad we did it. The weather was a bit cool and overcast, but it didn't dampen our spirits! At least the rain was minimal. Dawn, a British lady, was our tour guide/manager and she was OUTSTANDING!!!!! She deserves an A plus! Still in "recovery mode". Lots of great memories!Jean G. Starkville, MS
We had a wonderful trip. Everything was as described and went like clockwork. This was our first Gate 1 trip and we will certainly travel with you again. I believe that our tour guide, Washington deserves all the credit, he was unbelievable, from trains, buses and hotels to his vast knowledge of the area, everything was perfect. I certainly would like to tour with him again.Grace H. Ortonville, MI
Alecoque was an extremely competent and able tour manager. She provided great insight into Ireland's history and current political situation within the Eurozone. She was warm, friendly, professional, knowledgeable, positive, and treated each participant with the same degree of respect and attention. Likewise, John, the driver, was a great addition to the team. His expertise driving a large sized bus down narrow country roads and busy city streets was amazing. Always we felt safe and secure with his driving. The hotels, meals, local tour and guides, and scenic drives were all outstanding. For us, who have travel many times with Tauck, the tour far surpassed our expectations. We have NO COMPLAINTS. Please don't change a thing because you have a winning product. With Alecoque and John at the helm you can't go wrong with this tour. We would love to take it again!Nancy B. Potomac, MD