10 Day Uganda Wildlife Exploration
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $650|
Land only price does not include arrival transfer, but does include departure transfer and flights Entebbe-Murchison Falls & Bwindi-Entebbe.
Please note due to strict regulations on gorilla trekking permits, the cost of the permit is fully non-refundable at the time of booking. Any cancellations or amendments will incur a $700 per person fee.Please note children under 15 years of age are not permitted on this tour.
Passengers should select flights on Day 10 from Entebbe that depart no earlier than 3 PM. The flight from Bwindi arrives to Entebbe at approximately 11:30 AM.
Due to limited space in safari vehicles, please pack your belongings in a soft-sided duffel bag. Traditional suitcases with rigid frames or hard plastic sides should not be used.
Passengers traveling to Uganda must carry proof of yellow fever vaccination.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Entebbe, Entebbe-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Intra-flights: Entebbe-Murchison Falls National Park & Bwindi-Entebbe
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 8 nights accommodations
- 1 night Entebbe
- 2 nights Murchison Falls National Park
- 1 night Kibale National Park
- 2 nights Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 2 nights Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 22 meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners (including welcome and farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern 4x4 vehicles
- Services of English-speaking driver-guide throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- National Park fees and gorilla trekking permit
This itinerary requires a high level of physical fitness. Gorilla trekking can last up to 7 hours depending on the location of the animals. All passengers must be able to hike unassisted at a steady pace through dense forests on uneven, often slippery slopes, at an altitude of up to 8553 feet.
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Discover Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda's largest and oldest conservation area
- Cruise down the Nile River to the base of dramatic Murchison Falls
- At enchanting Kibale National Park, view the greatest variety of primates in East Africa
- Enjoy a thrilling guided forest trek in search of chimpanzees in the tropical Kibale forest
- View the spectacular Rwenzori, the "Mountains of the Moon", that lie in western Uganda
- Game drives in the diverse ecosystems of Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Enjoy a cruise on the Kazinga Channel, home to hippos, crocodiles and colorful exotic birds
- Embark on an unforgettable gorilla trek in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This itinerary requires a high level of physical fitness. Gorilla trekking on Day 9 can last up to 7 hours depending on the location of the animals. All passengers must be able to hike unassisted at a steady pace through dense forests on uneven, often slippery slopes, at an altitude of up to 8553 feet. Hiking boots and waterproof backpacks are required to navigate difficult terrain. Note that visitors that are sick will not be allowed to enter Kibale Forest National Park or Bwindi Forest National Park due to the risk of spreading disease to the primates. During this tour, you may come into proximity of wild animals whose actions can be unpredictable. Certain inherent risks are involved which should be considered at your own discretion. This program covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend many days driving over roads that are often rough and bumpy in safari vehicles that cannot be air-conditioned. Only “bush toilets” are available during game drives. We have many early mornings. Electricity for some lodges is provided by generator and may not be available 24 hours a day. Passengers traveling with CPAP machines must notify Gate 1 Travel in advance so accommodations can be made to run these machines through the night. Occasionally power and back-up generators fail and power will not be available. Many of the accommodations are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. All passengers traveling into Uganda will be required to carry proof of yellow fever vaccination, and are encouraged to consult with their health-care provider regarding malaria prophylaxis. We suggest you check with your health-care provider before signing up for this tour. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
This itinerary requires a high level of physical fitness. Gorilla trekking on Day 9 can last up to 7 hours depending on the location of the animals. All passengers must be able to hike unassisted at a steady pace through dense forests on uneven, often slippery slopes, at an altitude of up to 8553 feet. Please see the “Is This Trip Right for You?” section and the Trip Preparation tab for a list of equipment recommended for this excursion.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated in the town of Entebbe.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class lodge is located nearby the River Nile on the outskirts of Murchison Falls National Park.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class lodge is located in the heart of Kibale National Park, which is home to over 13 different species of primates.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class lodge is set on the western escarpment of the Albertine Rift.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week