15 Day Armenia & Georgia Discovery
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Book By Dec 17, 2020 & Save!
|2021 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $1150|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Yerevan, Tbilisi-New York
- Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights accommodations
- 4 nights Yerevan
- 1 night Goris
- 1 night Dilijan
- 5 nights Tbilisi
- 1 night Sighnaghi
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 27 meals: 12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 7 dinners (including welcome and farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Tour and concert at the medieval Geghard Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Demonstration and lesson on how to prepare Lavash, the traditional Armenian bread
- Pause at the Armenian Genocide Memorial honoring victims of the 20th century genocide
- Tour a family-owned carpet factory; see weavers at work
- Brandy tastings at a traditional Armenian distillery open from the 1800s
- In Yerevan, visit the magnificent Zvartnots Temple, a 7th century masterpiece
- View biblical Mt. Ararat from the 4th century pilgrimage site at the Khor Virap Monastery
- Board the Wings of Tatev cable car that whisks you to the spectacular Tatev Monastery
- Traditional musical duduk (Armenian oboe) performance
- A walking tour in Old Town Dilijan reveals artisans’ workshops and handicraft shops
- Visit the Esayan Museum with its recreation of typical 19th century Tufenkian homes
- In Georgia, explore Tbilisi’s Old City, known for its diverse architecture and cobble streets
- Tour the rock hewn town of Uplistsikhe, one of the oldest towns in the Caucasus
- Visit Gori, one of the oldest cities in Georgia and Stalin’s birthplace
- Lunch and tastings at top-class wineries where wine is made in large earthenware pots
- Leisure time in Sighnaghi, with its pretty Italian-style architecture and preserved fortress walls
- In Gremi, capital of the Kingdom of Kakheti, visit the monumental Gremi Fortress
- Visit the striking Jvari Monastery in Mtskheta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day. Expect to spend two to three hours on your feet during tours. The pace is fast. Three days require long transfers by shuttle bus. Some of the tours require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes or steps. There are many early mornings. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking or who have heart conditions. Some hotels in Mina and Dilijan are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. During heat waves, these hotels can become uncomfortable, even at higher elevations. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated nearby Republic Square in the city center of Yerevan.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located in the city of Goris, nearby the Vararak River.Hotel Details
This first class hotel features marvelous views of the surrounding Dilijan National Park.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in Old Tbilisi.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
This evening, dine in one of the most popular restaurants in Yerevan. Savor delectable regional dishes accompanied by traditional Armenian dances and music. Armenian cuisine is specific to the country and is as ancient as its history. It also contains some influences from Middle Eastern and European culinary traditions and offers a variety of delicious meat and vegetarian dishes.
Approximate tour duration is 2.5 hours.
|Day #5||01 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021||$60.00|
Fantastic!!! This was our first Discovery Tour. Although we have taken 18 Gate 1 trips and were very satisfied, this trip exceeded all expectations. The guides, the sights, the hotels, and the food were all first rate. We will certainly be promoting this tour to other people!Cathy S. Kutztown, PA
Very good trip; excellent guide; beautiful monuments; decent hotels. fascinating country with wonderful people.Barry R. Deerfield Beach, FL
Fascinating. I am used to good guides with Gate 1. That being said, our guide was without a doubt, the most knowledgeable I've ever had. His talks covered, not only the history of the country and detailed information on what we were seeing but he also gave us in depth information on the economic and social issues of Uzbekistan.The entire tour ran smoothly thanks to the tour director and his aid "Gill", from the Istanbul office, with whom we had the pleasure of his assistance on our Armenia/Georgia tour.Theodore W. Greenville, NC
Trip was EXCELLENT!! I have had many wonderful trips with Gate 1 and this trip, without a doubt, was the VERY BEST! Thanks to Gate 1 for providing such an outstanding travel experience in Uzbekistan! It couldn't have been better. Looking forward to traveling with you again!Linda F. Salt Lake City, UT
The trip was one of the best of my long list . I am very happy to have learned about and seen these four Uzbekistan cities, full of history, deeds, bravery, courage, and architectural beauty. My eyes had a banquet! I am very happy to be Gate 1 customer for so many years. As time goes bye, Gate 1 improves, and improves. More reasonable prices, and a great value. Looking forward to filling out the survey.Antonio M. Chicago, IL
We had a wonderful trip to Georgia, Armenia and Greece. Thanks for all your efforts on your behalf. The Discovery Tour to Armenia and Georgia was FANTASTIC! It was one of the best tours we have experienced through Gate 1. The hotel in Yerevan was wonderful. Whoever at Gate 1 made that choice of hotel picked a winner. The breakfasts were exceptional and the food in general at the hotel was great. The hotel itself was top notch with wonderful facilities. (They even had a grand piano in the lobby which they allowed me to play any time I wished.) The hotel had one of the greatest locations ever, situated on the main square of Yerevan across from the nightly dancing waters concerts. This was our 31st trip with Gate 1 and everything was perfect. Special commendation goes to our tour director Aykut , who was one of the best we ever had. Georgia was also a wonderful surprise. Although the Mercure was a business hotel without the appointments of the hotel in Yerevan, it had a wonderful location and was comfortable and clean. We cannot say enough about the restaurants and wineries that were selected by Gate 1 for meals. Each one rivaled the other as to their beautiful locations and/or terrific menus. Whoever made the arrangements for restaurants and wineries for this Discovery Tour should be commended. As usual, my husband is already planning our trip for next year.Stephanie B. Arlington Heights, IL
Wow! We felt incredibly spoiled on this Armenia/Georgia trip. The arrival accommodations at the Marriott in Yerevan were exquisite and all of our guides were super. Sayed, our Tour Manager was great. Ana, our local Yerevan guide couldn't have been more knowledgeable. Shan was warm and welcoming and Sophia in Georgia serenaded us with her beautiful voice everywhere we traveled. A very special group indeed. That was only the beginning. Every day we had sumptuous meals al fresco in beautiful wineries, waterside resorts, mountain hamlets, and in the shadow of mysterious monasteries. This team of guides and the care they took with us went far beyond duty. Armenia and Georgia are two of the best-kept secrets in Eastern Europe with gorgeous mountain scenery, medieval history and flowing wine under the shadow of Mount Ararat and the Caucasus Range. It was a sheer delight to visit such wonderful and enchanting countries and we look forward to visiting these gems again soon. Great job Gate 1.Carol L. Littleton, CO