13 Day England & Scotland: Castles & Countryside
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Book By Dec 17, 2020 & Save!
|2021 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $1150|
Prices do not include gratuities
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
London Gatwick Airport transfers available at an additional cost.
Triples are not available for this package.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-London, Edinburgh-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 11 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights London
- 1 night Winchester
- 2 nights Oxford
- 1 night Chester
- 2 nights Windermere
- 3 nights Edinburgh
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 21 meals: 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 afternoon tea, 8 dinners with wine (including a home hosted dinner, welcome & farewell dinners)
- Coffee and tea with all meals
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit Chartwell, family home of Winston Churchill, now a museum dedicated to the beloved Prime Minister
- Experience 700 years of history at romantic 13th century Hever Castle, childhood home of Anne Boleyn
- A walking tour in the medieval market town of Stratford-upon-Avon, traces the footsteps of William Shakespeare
- Journey into the unique Cotswold countryside with its charming thatch cottages and rolling hillsides
- Tour Blenheim Palace, a masterpiece of Baroque architecture and birthplace of Winston Churchill
- Enjoy a peaceful cruise on stunning Windermere Lake with its breathtaking panoramas
- Walking tour of medieval Chester with its rows of overhanging black-and-white timbered houses
- Walk through Levens Hall, a grand manor house with its fine Elizabethan interior and topiary garden
- In dazzling Grasmere, visit the resting place of William Wordsworth and tiny Dove Cottage where he once lived
- Admire the beautiful stonework and mysterious carvings of stunning 15th century Rosslyn Chapel
- Visit splendid Edinburgh Castle perched high above the city; view the magnificent crown jewels
- Experience a traditional Afternoon High Tea in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town
- Tour Stirling Castle and its beautiful gardens, a favored residence of the Stewart kings and queens
- At Glengoyne Distillery, taste some of the finest single malt Scotch Whisky, each matched with tasty handmade chocolates
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is a moderately active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day. Expect to spend two to three hours on your feet during tours. The pace is moderate, however you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. Some hotels in London, Winchester, Oxford, Cumbria, and Edinburgh are built in the traditional local style and have no air conditioning. During heat waves, these hotels can become uncomfortable, even at higher elevations. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated in South Kensington, nearby the Gloucester Road underground station.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Winchester.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is about a five minute drive from the city center of Oxford.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Chester.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Awesome! We had a terrific time and saw some of the most gorgeous scenery in the world. Ian, our tour guide, was excellent. He was so knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. We hated leaving him at the end of the trip. Kevin the bus driver was also awesome. He was so helpful and kind throughout the entire trip and his driving skills were unbelievable. We felt safe all the time no matter what were the road conditions! Everything throughout the trip was first rate...hotels, restaurants, shopping places, and every sight and excursion along the way was beyond fabulous. We will never forget the grand time we had on this trip and hope to be joining Gate 1 again in the future!Mary and Rick S. Galt, CA