19 Day Kenya Safari Exploration with Rwanda & Zanzibar
Air & Land
|Kenya Safari Exploration with Rwanda & Zanzibar|
|Kigali Serena Hotel||Kigali|
|Tiloreza Volcanoes Ecolodge||Kinigi|
|Emara Ole Sereni||Nairobi|
|Ashnil Samburu Camp||Buffalo Springs Game Reserve|
|The Ark||Aberdare National Park|
|Great Rift Valley Lodge||Naivasha, Nakuru|
|Mara Intrepids Camp||Masai Mara National Reserve|
|Crowne Plaza Nairobi Airport||Nairobi|
|Zanzibar Serena Hotel||Stone Town, Zanzibar|
|DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Zanzibar - Nungwi||Zanzibar|
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2022 Dates & Prices|
|2023 Dates & Prices|
|2023 Dates & Prices|
Zanzibar Infrastructure Tax of $1 per person per night (payable locally), optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival transfer, but does include departure transfer and flights Kigali-Nairobi, Nairobi-Zanzibar & Zanzibar-Dar es Salaam.
Passengers should select flights on Day 19 from Dar es Salaam that depart no earlier than 3 PM.
Please note due to strict regulations on gorilla trekking permits, the cost of the permit is fully non-refundable at the time of booking. Any cancellations or amendments will incur a $1,500 per person fee.
Please note children under 15 years of age are not permitted on this tour.
Due to limited space in safari vehicles, please pack your belongings in a soft-sided duffel bag. Traditional suitcases with rigid frames or hard plastic sides should not be used.
Please note, all passport holders should have three or more entirely blank (unstamped) visa pages in their passport when traveling to Kenya, and four or more entirely blank (unstamped) visa pages in their passport when traveling to Tanzania, and one or more entirely blank (unstamped) visa pages in their passport when traveling to Rwanda. Click here for more information.
Passengers traveling to Rwanda must carry proof of yellow fever vaccination and passengers traveling to Kenya must carry proof of yellow fever vaccination if traveling through or from a country with risk of yellow fever.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights New York-Kigali, Dar es Salaam-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Kigali-Nairobi, Nairobi-Zanzibar & Zanzibar-Dar es Salaam
- 17 nights First Class accommodations
- 1 night Kigali
- 3 nights Volcanoes National Park
- 3 nights Nairobi
- 2 nights Samburu National Reserve
- 1 night Aberdare National Park
- 1 night Lake Naivasha
- 2 nights Masai Mara National Reserve
- 2 nights Stone Town
- 2 nights Nungwi
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 44 meals: 17 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 15 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern 4x4 vehicles
- Services of English-speaking driver-guide throughout
- National Park fees
- Golden monkey and gorilla trekking permits
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Embark on a gorilla trek in Rwanda's Volcanoes National Park
- Take a guided forest trek in search of Golden monkeys in the highland forests of Volcanoes National Park
- Visit the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, the world's most successful orphan elephant rescue center
- At the Giraffe Centre, hand-feed elegant Rothschild giraffes from an elevated platform
- Enjoy personal game drive experiences in safari vehicles that seat no more than seven
- Explore Samburu National Park, known for its unique wildlife
- Enjoy leisurely game viewing at one of Kenya's iconic tree lodges
- Travel to Lake Nakuru National Park, known for its superb birdlife
- Test your luck and see how many of the "Big Five" you'll spot in the magical Masai Mara National Reserve
- Explore Stone Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the cultural center of the Zanzibar Archipelago
- Enjoy a sunset cruise on a traditional wooden dhow
- Explore Jozani-Chwaka Bay National Park, home to the endangered Zanzibar red colobus monkey
- Tour a working spice plantation to learn about the crops of the Spice Islands
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This itinerary requires a moderate level of physical fitness. Gorilla trekking on Day 4 may take between 2 to 7 hours depending on the movement and location of the gorillas. All passengers must be able to hike unassisted at a steady pace through dense forests on uneven, often slippery slopes, at an altitude of up to 8,000 feet. Though not generally high enough to induce altitude sickness, you may experience heavy breathing and require several breaks along the trek. Hiking boots are required to navigate difficult terrain. Note that visitors that are sick will not be allowed to enter Volcanoes National Park due to the risk of spreading disease to the primates. During this tour, you may come into proximity of wild animals whose actions can be unpredictable. Certain inherent risks are involved which should be considered at your own discretion. This program covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend many days driving over roads that are often rough and bumpy in safari vehicles that cannot be air-conditioned. Only "bush toilets" are available during game drives. We have many early mornings. Electricity in the camps is provided by generator and may not be available 24 hours a day. Many of the accommodations are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. Passengers traveling with CPAP machines must notify Gate 1 Travel in advance so accommodations can be made to run these machines through the night. Occasionally power and back-up generators fail and power will not be available. Many of the accommodations are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. Visitors to Rwanda and passengers traveling from Kenya to Tanzania, including Zanzibar, are required to carry proof of Yellow Fever vaccination, and are encouraged to consult their health-care providers regarding malaria prophylaxis. We suggest you check with your health-care provider before signing up for this tour. Some of our tours require walking or stairs between tents. Passengers should be aware that Zanzibar is a conservative Muslim region, with dress restrictions in many public areas (no bare shoulder, shorts etc.). Safari vehicles have high ground clearance and require agility to embark and disembark. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This deluxe hotel is located in the heart of Kigali, near the Belgian Peacekeepers Memorial.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is located near the Volcanoes National Park in Kinigi.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located near Nairobi National Park.Hotel Details
This first class camp is located within the Buffalo Springs Game Reserve and overlooks the plains and Ewaso Nyiro River.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in Aberdare National Park.Hotel Details
This first class hotel overlooks Lake Naivasha.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in a lovely location overlooking the Talek River.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is about a thirty minute drive away from city center of Nairobi.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is located on the sea-front of Stone Town, one of Africa's most ancient and most enchanting towns.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located on a white sandy beach in Nungwi, on the northern coast of the island of Zanzibar.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Arise before dawn, and take off in a hot air balloon as you watch the breathtaking sunrise over the Masai Mara. Drift above the beautiful landscape, watching wild game roam the vast plains below. The finale is a sumptuous champagne breakfast before beginning today’s game drive.*
*Please note that departure time for this excursion is very early in the morning, 5 AM or earlier. Agility is required to embark and disembark the balloon basket. Wildlife viewing, quantity and species of animals seen is dependent upon local conditions including weather, wind and seasonal migration patterns. The take-off time and the duration of the flight and tour may vary due to weather conditions. Balloon rides vary but are usually 45 minutes to an hour.
Approximate tour duration is 2 hours.
*Please note that the group’s morning game drive will begin while en route to pick you up, and may see other wildlife before you’ve rejoined the group.
**Due to limited capacity, advanced booking is recommended for this tour. Please be advised that this is not an exclusive tour
|Day #13||01 Jan 2022 - 30 Apr 2024||$480.00|