11 Day Alaska's Natural Beauty
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Book By Dec 16, 2021 & Save!
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $2100|
|Only 1 seat left!||$5749||$6249||$6169*||$6669*|
|Only 1 seat left!||
Land only price includes flights Gulkana-McCarthy & McCarthy-Chitina. Land only price does not include arrival transfer, but does include the group departure transfer to Anchorage Airport on Day 10. There will be two group departure transfers on Day 10.
Some domestic flights arrive late at night on Day 1.
Due to the use of small passenger planes (3, 4, 6 or 15 seat small planes), there is a weight restriction for luggage of 30 pounds per person (including hand luggage) for flights. Please pack your belongings in a soft-sided duffel bag. Traditional suitcases with rigid frames or hard plastic sides should not be used.
The route and program may vary according to weather condition, season changes and safety issues.
Triple rooms consist of two double/queen beds for three persons; where available, a fee may be charged by the hotel for the addition of a cot/rollaway.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Seattle-Fairbanks, Anchorage-Seattle
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Gulkana-McCarthy* & McCarthy*-Chitina
- 10 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Fairbanks
- 2 nights Denali
- 1 night Tok
- 2 nights Valdez
- 1 night Palmer
- 2 nights Girdwood
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- Group departure transfer
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- 18 meals: 10 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Deluxe Dome Rail from Fairbanks to Denali National Park
- Services of English-speaking tour manager
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
*Small passenger planes (3, 4, 6 or 15 seat planes) are used for flights to and from McCarthy
- Our most complete tour of Alaska featuring its most popular attractions, ample wildlife viewing opportunities and rarely visited sites including remote, Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. This tour is designed for guests who want to spend part of their time far from the crowds in a small-group setting.
- Visit Gold Daughters, to learn about the gold rush in Fairbanks
- Dinner at a local musher's who enlightens you about the legendary Iditarod race
- Travel in deluxe Dome Rail to Denali National Park
- Enjoy a breathtakingly beautiful day in Denali National Park on the Tundra Wilderness Tour
- Visit the Kennecott Mines abandoned copper mining camp named a National Historic Landmark
- Cruise on majestic Prince William Sound, boasting the densest concentration of tidewater glaciers in the world
- The spectacular Wrangell-St. Elias National Park will take your breath away
- Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center to view some of Alaska's famous wildlife up-close!
- Ascend 2,300 feet by tram to the peak of Mt. Alyeska for stunning panoramic views
Is This Trip Right for You?
This itinerary is very active and will require walking five or more miles over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes. This adventurous trip includes several early morning starts, full-day excursions and many different modes of transportation, including bush plane, railroad, ship and tram car, which require agility to embark and disembark. Bus access to Denali National Park is regulated by the National Park Service and only authorized buses are allowed to operate within the park. These buses are school buses with bench seats and no restrooms on board. This program covers a lot of ground each day, and you spend most of your time driving over roads that are often rough and bumpy. The Denali Highway is partially paved with gravel and one of lesser traveled highways. There is a significant amount of walking areas visited during the trip. This itinerary is designed for those who are interested in a faster-pace, adventure-filled experience. Hotels in National Parks provide limited amenities. Some hotels in Denali, Tok and Girdwood are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. During heat waves, these hotels can become uncomfortable. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking, sitting, or who have heart conditions. Some of the most memorable sightseeing can only be accomplished on foot. Route and program may vary according to weather conditions, seasonal changes, safety issues and wildlife. During this tour, you may come into proximity of wild animals whose actions can be unpredictable. Certain inherent risks are involved which should be considered at your own discretion. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This tourist class hotel is a friendly, family run hotel located on the banks of the Chena River.Hotel Details
This tourist class lodge is situated nearby the Nenana River.Hotel Details
This budget class hotel is located in the town of Tok.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located in the heart of Valdez.Hotel Details
This tourist class cabin complex is located in the Knik River Valley, surrounded by nature and beauty, near the spectacular Knik Glacier.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in Girdwood, tucked amid the Chugach Mountains on Alaska's south central coast.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week