13 Day Newfoundland & Labrador
Air & Land
|Deer Lake Motel||Deer Lake, NL|
|Neddies Harbour Inn||Norris Point, NL|
|The Ocean View Hotel||Rocky Harbour, NL|
|Northern Light Inn||L'Anse-au-Clair, NL|
|The Florian Hotel||Forteau, NL|
|Haven Inn||St. Anthony, NL|
|Hotel North||St. Anthony, NL|
|Shallow Bay Motel||Cow Head, NL|
|Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake||Deer Lake, NL|
|Sinbad's Hotel & Suites||Gander, NL|
|Quality Hotel Clarenville||Clarenville, NL|
|Delta St. John's||St. John's, NL|
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $1000|
|Hotel||Dates||Embark||Tour Starts||Ship||Land Only||Air & Land|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
All sightseeing and itinerary inclusions are subject to favorable weather conditions and seasonality. The route and program may vary according to weather condition, season changes, and safety issues.
Flights from the USA could arrive very early on DAY 2. Departure and included sightseeing commences in the morning on Day 2.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Boston-Deer Lake, St. John's-Boston
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights accommodations
- 1 night Deer Lake
- 1 night Rocky Harbour Area
- 2 nights L’Anse au Clair
- 2 nights St. Anthony
- 1 night Cow Head Area
- 1 night Gander
- 2 nights Clarenville
- 2 nights St. John's
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 23 meals: 12 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Visit Gros Morne National Park, known for its stark beauty and geology, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Travel to Red Bay National Historic Site, a former Basque whaling station established in the 16th century
- Spend time in St. Anthony and visit the home of British medical missionary Sir Wilfred Grenfell
- Visit L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site - view the only 11th century Viking settlement in North America, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- At the Salmonid Interpretation Center watch as salmon travel upstream to the spawning habitat
- Visit Gander, the "Small Town that Welcomed the World" made famous in the musical Come From Away
- View Cape Bonavista where Italian explorer John Cabot first discovered North America in the late 1400s
- Tour St. John's, the capital of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Visit the Cape Spear Lighthouse National Historic Site, a symbol of the country's important mariner history and most easterly point in North America
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This itinerary is very active and will require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes. This adventurous trip includes several early morning starts, full day excursions, and long driving days. There is a significant amount of walking areas visited during your trip. This itinerary is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking, sitting, or who have heart conditions. Route and program may vary according to weather conditions, seasonal changes, safety issues and wildlife. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
All sightseeing and itinerary inclusions are subject to favorable weather conditions and seasonality. In those instances, and until the roads are available for travel, often unpredictable until the last moment, roads, routes, and sites will be amended.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This tourist class motel is a short drive from the town of Deer Lake.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located in Norris Point, overlooking Bonne Bay.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is set on the harbourfront in the town of Rocky Harbour.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located in the town of L'Anse au Clair, the Gateway to Labrador.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located near the beach in Forteau, Newfoundland.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located in the heart of St. Anthony.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is situated in the town of St. Anthony.Hotel Details
This superior tourist class hotel is situated in the scenic Gros Morne National Park and overlooks the Gulf of St. Lawrence.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located in the town of Deer Lake.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located in Gander within walking distance of various shopping venues.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Embark on a thrilling boat tour exploring the breathtaking coastal waters off St. Anthony, known for icebergs, whales and seabirds. You’ll be awestruck by the splendor of the bird life and cave formations. Experience the excitement of viewing one of Newfoundland’s largest sea caves while listening to stories about local legends. An experienced local naturalist will captivate you with a live interpretative program covering the natural and cultural heritage of the region.
Pick up details to be advised locally. Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
Included are round-trip transfers from your hotel.
*Wildlife and iceberg sightings are not guaranteed. Due to inclement weather and/or rough seas, this tour is weather permitting.
|Day #6||01 Oct 2020 - 31 Oct 2023||$56.00|
We enjoyed the trip very much. The tour leader, Kathryn was wonderful, and fun to be with. The bus driver, Darren, was excellent, kept the bus immaculate, and was very personable. We loved seeing all the special sights in Newfoundland/ Labrador and the boat trips to see icebergs, Puffins and whales. Thank you for your help Gate 1.Sheryl and Bob S. Upland, CA
Fantastic! In spite of rainy days and fog we loved every minute. The landscape was gorgeous and the people everywhere wonderful. I swear Newfoundlanders are all comedians, I never laughed so much in my life. On our optional boat ride we observed two whales feeding for about 20 minutes, definitely a highlight! It was a wonderful and memorable trip and I recommend it highly.Gisela D. Fairfax, VA
We had a wonderful time in Newfoundland. It was everything we had hoped for and more. We thoroughly enjoyed the whale watching and icebergs and the coast line of Newfoundland. Our tour guide, Karen, was absolutely amazing and she took such good care of us during our tour. She went above and beyond in her services to us. Out of all our Gate 1 trips, she is by far the best tour manager for us. I would travel with her again in the future.Carol T. San Francisco, CA