13 Day Galapagos, Ecuador, Andes & Amazon
Air & Land
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include flights Guayaquil-Baltra, Baltra-Quito, Quito-Coca, Coca-Quito
Some flights depart shortly after midnight in the very early morning of Day 12 and will require a transfer on Day 11. Transfers depart the hotel approximately 4 hours prior to flight time.
Passport numbers for all passengers must be submitted before documents can be issued.
The route and program may vary according to weather conditions, seasonal changes, safety issues and wildlife migration patterns. Wildlife and visits listed in the itinerary are based upon optimal conditions and therefore subject to change.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Miami-Guayaquil, Quito-Miami
Some departure dates may be offered from an alternate nearby airport. Check flight itinerary options when booking.
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- All intra-flights: Guayaquil-Baltra, Baltra-Quito, Quito-Coca & Coca-Quito
- 12 nights accommodations
- 2 nights Guayaquil
- 3 nights Isabela Island (Galapagos)
- 1 night Papallacta
- 3 nights Coca (Amazon)
- 3 nights Quito
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 32 meals: 12 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 10 dinners
- Sightseeing in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Galapagos National Park fee of $100
- Galapagos Transit Control Card fee of $20
- Services of English-speaking naturalists guides in the Galapagos and the Amazon
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- In the lush tropical lowlands of Ecuador visit a working Cocoa (Cacao) Plantation
- Visit Guayaquil's Seminario Park, a favorite place of bird watchers and home to arboreal Iguanas
- Embark on a journey to the beginning of time in the Galapagos Archipelago of volcanic islands
- Explore stunning Tintoreras Islet with its sea lions, turtles, iguanas and whitetip reef sharks
- Stand before the historic ‘Wall of Tears,’ monument to prisoners who constructed the barrier
- Hike to Sierra Negra, one of the most active volcanoes on the Galapagos Islands
- At the Los Humedales complex, see all four species of mangroves found in the archipelago
- Visit the Turtle Breeding Center - hear about programs to save the iconic Galapagos Tortoises
- Tour a rose plantation and learn about Ecuador's major rose cultivation industry
- Visit a legendary hacienda, built on the site of an Inca fortress at the foot of Cotopaxi volcano
- Discover Quito's historic colonial quarter, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy the wonders of nature and the hot steamy thermal springs at Papallacta in the Andes
- Journey deep into the Amazon, a living jewel with rare beauty and astonishing natural wonders
- From atop the canopy walkway pause to view amazing panoramas and vibrant colored birds
- Meet with women at an Interpretation Center to learn more about the Kichwa lifestyle
- A native guide shows you how to fish for the infamous razor-toothed Piranha - a real challenge!
- Listen to the symphony of frogs and birds on a nocturnal jungle walk by flashlight
- Visit the "Middle of the World" monument at the Equator that marks latitude 0º
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This very active trip covers a lot of ground each day. On two of these days you will spend four to five hours on your feet. The pace is active and you will encounter some uneven surfaces such as sandy and rocky beaches, stairs, steps and significant slopes. Getting to the Galapagos requires a flight from Guayaquil to the Island of Baltra. June through August departures a short flight will take you from Baltra to Isabela Island. On all other departures, you will transfer to the Baltra Seaport and travel by boat to Santa Cruz Island. A one hour bus ride will take you to Puerto Ayora, where you will board a speedboat for a three hour ride to Isabela Island. You will travel through open sea, which can be very rough. We suggest those prone to motion sickness to consult with their physician before considering this trip. A bus will transfer you from port to your hotel. In the Galapagos, it takes approximately two hours, on foot, to get to and from the areas populated with wildlife. You will experience wet landings in water, on sand or rocks and dry landings on wooden docks. This tour visits areas of high elevations in Quito (9,300 feet) and in Papallacta (10,600 feet) and may be a consideration for those who have heart conditions or are otherwise affected by height. Early wake-ups are necessary on some mornings to cover the territory. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Your Galapagos itinerary may vary according to weather conditions, seasonal changes, safety issues and wildlife migration patterns.
▲ Due to the high elevation, travel in the Ecuadorian Andes may cause some passengers to experience the temporary effects of altitude sickness. If you have any concerns about traveling to higher than your accustomed elevation, please consult your healthcare provider.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the financial and commercial zone of Guayaquil.Hotel Details
This tourist class lodge is located in the highlands of Isabela Island.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is about a 45 minute drive from city center of Quito.Hotel Details
This first class hotel, known for its thermal baths, is located on the banks of the Papallacta river.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
Indulge in a little relaxation and pampering this evening at the Spa at Termas de Papallacta. Unwind for 20-30 minutes in one of the thermal hot pools and the refreshing cold pool. Wrap up your session with a 40 minute neck and back massage to help you relax after an exciting day of sightseeing.
Approximate tour duration is 1.5 hours.
*Please note that a swimsuit is required to enter the Spa and Thermal Pools.
**Due to limited availability, advanced booking is recommended.
|Day #9||05 Jan 2022 - 04 Jan 2023||$57.00|
We just returned from a trip to Ecuador (Galápagos and Amazon) with Gate1 Discovery tours. What a wonderful trip it was! Our tour director Wilson helped us to make it memorable, informative and comfortable. His passion for Ecuador, knowledge of local customs, and humorous stories he was telling us on our trip made it unforgettable. Thanks to Wilson's great organizational and management skills all activities went smoothly and were enjoyable. Highly recommend this trip!Victoria G.
Our Tour Manager Javier, of Discovery Tours to Ecuador was so PERFECT I cannot begin to tell you! I have traveled the world with Gate1, and by myself. This was the BEST trip I have ever been on. He goes above and beyond. We all felt, and discussed it, that we had a family member taking care of us. His knowledge of everywhere we traveled enhanced this wonderful trip. His organizational skills are superb. I will recommend Gate 1 to all my family and friends. Thank you Gate 1, and Javier, for the best time of my life!Sharon W.
I went on the 13 day Ecuador/Galapagos trip from 11/16/21-11/28/21. Our tour guide, Daniel was fabulous! He was so knowledgeable about the culture, history and customs of every place we visited. He was enthusiastic, had a great sense of humor and really went over and above anything I expected. The trip itself was great, and Daniel made it so enjoyable. The local guides, Pedro in Galapagos and Joel in Coca, were also excellent. I would definitely recommend this trip to others. Thank you for giving me such a memorable vacation!Elizabeth S.
I filled out the survey sent to us from Gate 1, but I wanted to provide additional feedback in regards to the recent vacation package that we took with Gate 1. I want to first start by stating that Gate 1 blew us away. We have booked with other travel agencies in the past and Gate 1 was superior in comparison in every way possible. Marco, our tour manager/guide was outstanding. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable and welcomed questions, but he was friendly and did an awesome job of always staying on time. The local guides were also all incredible and all of the drivers did an excellent job. The accommodations were amazing, I could not believe the hotels/lodges that we stayed at. In addition, the food was stellar everywhere, we did not have one meal that was bad. I could go on and on about how awesome our trip was, so please keep up the good work! We will definitely be booking with Gate 1 again! Thank you so much for the amazing Ecuadorian experience!Nicole S.
I think this was our best Gate 1 trip yet! Sites and activities were wonderful. Our tour manager, Paul, was absolutely great. His pride and enthusiasm for his country, as well as his broad ecological and historical knowledge, made the trip interesting and informative. I also appreciated the activity level which was higher than most trips.Susan C. Clinton, WA
Our trip was delightful! Loved every minute of it, Edwardo was a great host. He knew all of the places, and was very helpful and friendly. Loved that he kept us stocked in water ... The places we visited were awesome! We loved Galapagos and the Amazon and the trips inside those places. Also loved the Discovery tour. It was the right size and the hotels were great. We will definitely be taking more Gate 1 Discovery Tours ...Mike and Cheryl C. Lewisville, TX
I had the trip of a lifetime. Loved it. Everything went smoothly. Our guide, Marcelo was wonderful. A real asset to your company. Very easy going manner, handled situations with ease and took care of us safely. His pride of Ecuador was wonderful, he told us many things about his country and has a lot of information on it's history.Kristin O. Cupertino, CA
The trip was great. I was very pleased with the hotels and the accommodations in Galapagos and the Amazon were better than adequate. The food was good and we had so many choices. The naturalists and guides were all excellent. They had such sharp eyes for seeing things in the jungle that we would have missed and they were very knowledgeable. Wilson, our tour director, was very good natured and funny. He seemed to know everything about the cities, the history, the architecture, the animals and plants, etc. I was glad when someone finally asked him a question he didn’t know the answer to! The bus drivers were great and I felt safe even on the narrow winding roads. We did everything that was listed in the brochure and pretty much everything happened like clockwork. I will definitely recommend Gate 1 travel to others.Marcia E. Raleigh, NC
It was fantastic! From the iguanas in Galápagos to the monkeys in the jungle, from the volcanoes to the coast, it was all so awesome! Our guide, Antonio, was the best and went beyond his duty to make everything perfect! He made the trip even better. What a wonderful adventure this was!Sandy G. Palatka, FL
Our trip was amazing. Our guide Giovanna was so professional, knowledgeable, polite and willing to help in any way she could. We fell in love with Ecuador. It was perfectly planned. The best trip we ever had.Dina K. Brooklyn, NY
A fantastic journey to the Galapagos and Ecuador and the Amazon - feel very fortunate to be able to undertake such an adventure. Everything went extremely well - our guide Paul, was exceptional - a talented man with much patience to guide us along the 12 day journey. All accommodations and meals were fantastic - all the drivers, managers, and local guides were truly remarkable. Much was included in this very exciting trip - so glad to have been able to see and experience this amazing country. Enjoyed every moment! Looking forward to future experiences with Gate 1.Rich P. Buffalo, NY
GREAT! Although the tour was a bit more physically demanding than I expected, it was still great. Our tour guide, Daniel, took care of all of us making sure we all felt special. We were able to see/experience more than we expected.Vicki S. Boulder, CO
It was great. As is to be expected, I liked some locations better than others but it was a wonderful experience. And our guide was awesome!Julie M. Harrisburg, PA