12 Day Israel, Ancient & Modern Culture
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $1350|
|Hotel||Dates||Embark||Tour Starts||Ship||Land Only||Air & Land|
|Only 1 seat left!||$3599||$4549*|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers should select flights that arrive no later than 5 PM on Day 2 in order to attend orientation meeting.
Upon arrival in Israel at Passport Control, you will receive an Israel Border Control / B2 Stay Permit called an "Electronic Gate Pass". Issuance of the pass replaces the need to stamp your passport. The Electronic Gate Pass is your official form of identification in Israel and must be kept in your possession at all times, and will be relinquished once you depart the country. Escorted tour group guests should bring this pass to the Welcome Meeting as your Tour Manager must record information from it to facilitate express hotel check-in during your tour. Failure to provide this pass at check-in will result in mandatory tax.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 10 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Tel Aviv
- 1 night Haifa
- 2 nights Galilee Region
- 1 night Dead Sea
- 4 nights Jerusalem
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 17 meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 6 dinners (including a home hosted lunch and farewell dinner)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit Old Jaffa, the ancient port city known for its biblical links with Solomon, Jonah and St. Peter
- Walking tour in Tel Aviv highlights the splendid Bauhaus architecture, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In Haifa, view the Baha'i Shrine and see the magnificent and serene Baha'i Gardens
- Descend by cable car to the magical underwater grottos and sea caves at Rosh Hanikra
- Enjoy wine tasting at a boutique hilltop winery in the Golan Heights
- Visit the Hula Valley Nature Reserve; view the multimedia presentation about this unique ecosystem
- Pamper yourself in the warm thermal pools or float in the waters of the Dead Sea
- On the fabled mountaintop of Masada, you'll be transported back in time to the days of King Herod
- Discover the "golden" city of Jerusalem, one of the oldest and holiest cities in the world
- In Jerusalem, share a Sabbath Dinner with a family at their private home - a feast of local favorites!
- Attend a fabulous performance of the dramatic "Sound & Light Show" at David's Citadel
- Visit the Jerusalem Archaeological Park and Davidson Center offering a window into Jerusalem's glorious past
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day, and we spend two to three hours on our feet during tours. The pace is fast. Two days involve long transfers by shuttle bus. Some of our tours require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes or steps. We have many early mornings. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Due to local events and holidays, the order of sightseeing may be changed. Details to be provided locally by Tour Manager.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located next to Independence Park and a short walk from the beach, the promenade and popular shopping.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is ideally located in downtown Haifa.Hotel Details
This first class kibbutz is located in Upper Galilee, on the Jordan River. It has views of the Golan Heights, Upper Galilee mountains and Mt Hermon.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is situated by the Dead Sea in Ein Bokek.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The trip and Gate 1 were amazing. The hotels, food, guide, transfers, bus driver, just everything couldn’t have been better.Laurence F. Richmond, VA
Fabulous. We couldn’t ask for anything better!! The tour guide Simon was the best and made us all feel welcome and special. Our bus driver Mottie was great and we felt very safe when he drove. He was very skilled. Simon’s knowledge was over the top. He explained so much to help us understand everything we saw and shared many personal stories with us. We were sorry to end our tour. This was truly a once in a lifetime adventure. Would recommend Gate 1 and Simon in a heartbeat.Sheila S. Brooklyn, NY
Fabulous!!! Enjoyed it a lot. Ofer, our tour guide/manager was very knowledgeable, fun and very helpful. Learned so many things about Israel. Everything about the trip was wonderful. The smaller Discovery group is so much better and more comfortable. Our driver, Shlomo, was also very good. Another great trip for me!!!Lourdes K. Encino, CA
The trip was fantastic. Our tour guide Anat was amazing, brilliant, passionate, knowledgeable, enthused. The itinerary was all that I could have expected and more. On top of the Discovery itinerary, Anat made every effort to introduce us to everything Israeli. I would definitely recommend this trip and Gate1 to anyone.Sue S. Desert Hot Springs, CA
Exceeded all expectations! Five stars! Tour Guide Mati and driver Kobi were outstanding!Joyce Lynn A. San Diego, CA
Absolutely fantastic--the best ever. Gabi was particularly fabulous and really made the trip. I can't even think to say what part was the best. It was all so great.Mary S. Tybee Island, GA
My trip was very enjoyable learned lots and I could recommend it to other folks. Thanks.Kathi D. Surrey, CA
Thank you for the following up on our trip. The trip was fantastic! The itinerary is excellent and well planned. Our tour guide, Rotem was phenomenal. His presentation of the biblical, historical and present day events made this trip extremely memorable. We felt safe in all the places we visited. We liked everything and enjoyed every minute of our trip.Vladimir M. Baltimore, MD