16 Day Israel, From Sea to Sea
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only prices do not include arrival/departure transfers.
Passengers should select flights that arrive no later than 5 PM on Day 2 in order to attend orientation meeting.
Upon arrival in Israel at Passport Control, you will receive an Israel Border Control / B2 Stay Permit called an "Electronic Gate Pass". Issuance of the pass replaces the need to stamp your passport. The Electronic Gate Pass is your official form of identification in Israel and must be kept in your possession at all times, and will be relinquished once you depart the country. Escorted tour group guests should bring this pass to the Welcome Meeting as your Tour Manager must record information from it to facilitate express hotel check-in during your tour. Failure to provide this pass at check-in will result in mandatory tax.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 14 nights First Class accommodations
- 4 nights Jerusalem
- 1 night Dead Sea
- 2 nights Eilat
- 2 nights Sde Boker
- 2 nights Haifa
- 1 night Galilee Region
- 2 nights Tel Aviv
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 30 meals: 14 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 10 dinners (including a home hosted dinner)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Visit Jerusalem's Jewish Quarter, Western Wall, and the astonishing Western Wall Tunnels
- In Jerusalem, share a Sabbath Dinner with a family at their private home - a feast of local favorites!
- On the fabled mountaintop of Masada, you'll be transported back in time to the days of King Herod
- Relax at a spa hotel and swim in the buoyant waters of the Dead Sea
- A jeep tour along dramatic Ramon Crater explores the surreal scenery and lunar-like landscape of the area
- Tour historic Ben-Gurion Cottage with exhibits reflecting Ben-Gurion's personality and world views
- Enjoy wine tasting at Carmey Avdat Winery, along the Negev Wine Route
- In Haifa, view the Baha'i Shrine and see the magnificent and serene Baha'i Gardens
- Discover timeless Acre (Akko) on a walking tour that takes you into the subterranean city
- Descend by cable car to the magical underwater grottos and sea caves at Rosh Hanikra
- At the mystical city of Safed, experience a Kabbala session and stroll along the picturesque ancient lanes
- View beautiful Byzantine mosaics, including the 'Mona Lisa of the Galilee' at the ancient city of Zippori
- Tour the astounding archaeological site of Caesarea, with its Roman and Crusader ruins
- Admire the splendid Bauhaus architecture in Tel Aviv, named a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Walking tour of ancient Jaffa, along the winding cobblestone lanes to the Artists' Quarter
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day. Expect to spend two to three hours on your feet during tours. The pace is fast. Two days involve long transfers by shuttle bus. Some of the tours require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes or steps. There are many early mornings. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Due to local events and holidays, the order of sightseeing may be changed. Details to be provided locally by Tour Manager.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the heart of Jerusalem at Nahalat Sheva near to Jerusalem old city.Hotel Details
This deluxe hotel is situated by the Dead Sea in Ein Bokek.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in Eilat, near the beach.Hotel Details
This superior first class hotel is located In Sde Boker in the Negev desert.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is ideally located in downtown Haifa.Hotel Details
This first class kibbutz is located in Upper Galilee, on the Jordan River. It has views of the Golan Heights, Upper Galilee mountains and Mt Hermon.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
On this excursion, you will leave the State of Israel and cross the border to the Palestinian Authority. You will leave your Israeli guide and driver on the Israeli side, and upon arriving into the West Bank, you will be met by your Palestinian tour guide who will accompany you on this tour to Bethlehem. Large groups will necessarily split into smaller groups utilizing local shuttle buses, which will take you to visit the Church of the Nativity, commemorating the birthplace of Jesus Christ, with many restoration projects instituted throughout the years. The facade of the Church of the Nativity is encircled by the high walls of the three convents: the Franciscan on the northeast side, and the Greek Orthodox and the Armenian Orthodox on the southeast side. A shopping stop for local souvenirs and olive wood handicrafts, a principal source of local income, is included in the tour.
Please note that Bethlehem is located six miles south of Jerusalem in the West Bank and governed by the Palestinian National Authority. Due to the popularity of the Church, long lines are common and wait time may vary.
Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #5||01 Jan 2020 - 31 Mar 2023||$33.00|
Petra was first established around the 6th century by the Nabatean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in south Jordan more than 2000 years ago. The tour begins at the Tourist Center at the entrance of the narrow (1 Km) "Siq" with its towering rock walls. At the end of the gorge, view the magnificent and dramatic facade of the most famous monument in Petra -- the Treasury. Various walks and climbs reveal literally hundreds of buildings, facades, baths, funerary halls, soaring temples, royal tombs, markets, paved streets, as well as the 3000 seat theatre from the early 1st century. Lunch will be provided during the tour. After completing border formalities, transfer to your hotel in Eilat.
Approximate tour duration is 11.5 hours.
For those on the One Day Petra optional tour, a fee of approximately US $65, for border taxes and service fees, must be paid locally. In addition, a visa for Jordan costing $60 must be obtained before crossing the border. This visa can be arranged and paid locally if passport information is received by your Israeli tour manager at least 48 hours in advance. This visa is in addition to the border taxes and fees. Alternatively, please contact your local Jordan Embassy. Please note this tour requires approximately 4 miles of walking.
|Day #8||01 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2022||$288.00|
The trip and Gate 1 were amazing. The hotels, food, guide, transfers, bus driver, just everything couldn’t have been better.Laurence F. Richmond, VA
Fabulous. We couldn’t ask for anything better!! The tour guide Simon was the best and made us all feel welcome and special. Our bus driver Mottie was great and we felt very safe when he drove. He was very skilled. Simon’s knowledge was over the top. He explained so much to help us understand everything we saw and shared many personal stories with us. We were sorry to end our tour. This was truly a once in a lifetime adventure. Would recommend Gate 1 and Simon in a heartbeat.Sheila S. Brooklyn, NY
Fabulous!!! Enjoyed it a lot. Ofer, our tour guide/manager was very knowledgeable, fun and very helpful. Learned so many things about Israel. Everything about the trip was wonderful. The smaller Discovery group is so much better and more comfortable. Our driver, Shlomo, was also very good. Another great trip for me!!!Lourdes K. Encino, CA
The trip was fantastic. Our tour guide Anat was amazing, brilliant, passionate, knowledgeable, enthused. The itinerary was all that I could have expected and more. On top of the Discovery itinerary, Anat made every effort to introduce us to everything Israeli. I would definitely recommend this trip and Gate1 to anyone.Sue S. Desert Hot Springs, CA
Exceeded all expectations! Five stars! Tour Guide Mati and driver Kobi were outstanding!Joyce Lynn A. San Diego, CA
Absolutely fantastic--the best ever. Gabi was particularly fabulous and really made the trip. I can't even think to say what part was the best. It was all so great.Mary S. Tybee Island, GA
My trip was very enjoyable learned lots and I could recommend it to other folks. Thanks.Kathi D. Surrey, CA
Thank you for the following up on our trip. The trip was fantastic! The itinerary is excellent and well planned. Our tour guide, Rotem was phenomenal. His presentation of the biblical, historical and present day events made this trip extremely memorable. We felt safe in all the places we visited. We liked everything and enjoyed every minute of our trip.Vladimir M. Baltimore, MD