13 Day Mexico's Mayan & Aztec Illumination
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $850|
|Hotel||Dates||Embark||Tour Starts||Ship||Land Only||Air & Land|
|Only 1 seat left!||$2899||$3229*|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers.
Triple rooms consist of two double/queen beds for three persons; where available, a fee may be charged by the hotel for the addition of a cot/rollaway.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Flights Miami-Mexico City, Cancun-Miami
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights accommodations
- 3 nights Mexico City
- 1 night Puebla
- 1 night Veracruz
- 2 nights Palenque
- 1 night Campeche
- 2 nights Merida
- 1 night Chichén Itzá
- 1 night Cancun
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 27 meals: 12 breakfasts, 10 lunches & 5 dinners (including welcome and farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motor coach
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Enjoy all of the delights of buzzing Mexico City one of the most vivacious cities in Latin America
- Admire gorgeous views of the cathedral, beautiful churches and colonial buildings in Puebla
- At the romantic plaza in Veracruz see strolling jarochos, guitarists and marimba bands
- In Villa Hermosa, visit the intriguing park with giant 12-feet Olmec heads from La Venta
- Visit the astonishing soaring jungle swathed temples of Palenque, a national treasure!
- Tour Campeche, a colonial city with baroque Spanish architecture and a walled historic district
- At the dramatic archaeological site of Uxmal, view the pyramids and temples from 600 AD
- Enjoy hospitality, a home-cooked dinner and conversation with a local family in Merida
- View the distinctive architecture of Merida at the ornate 15th century Casa Montejo
- Tour the wondrous ancient ruins of Chichén Itzá, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In magical Valladolid, stroll the picturesque square with its rows of colorful historic buildings
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This itinerary is active and will require walking over uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes. This adventurous trip includes several early morning starts and full-day excursions. Some days require long drives that are necessary to cover the territory. There is a significant amount of walking areas visited during your trip. This itinerary is designed for those who are interested in a fast-paced, adventure-filled experience. It is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking, sitting for extended periods of time, or who have heart conditions. Some of the most memorable sightseeing can only be accomplished on foot. The route and program may vary according to weather conditions, seasonal changes, and road conditions. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is situated in Mexico City's financial district.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the historical city center of Puebla City.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated nearby the Veracruz Cathedral.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is a short drive away from the archaeological site of Palenque.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the historic city centre of Campeche.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is ideally located in central Merida.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
We had a fabulous time. Our tour director Bacho was knowledgeable, funny, organized and very helpful. Our whole tour worked liked clockwork, the weather was perfect, and there was so much to see. Would recommend the tour to all my friends!Lisa S. Walnut Creek, CA
Our Mexico trip was our 14th Gate 1 trip and it was perfect as usual. Baccho, our tour manager, was excellent, attentive to our needs, and filled almost every minute with great activities and additional optional walking tours.Kenneth M. Bay Village, OH
The trip was everything promised, and more. Our main tour guide, Bacho, was simply outstanding. Starting in Cancun and working our way towards our finale at the museums in Mexico City was the perfect sequence for fully embracing this unique culture.Jim L. Waynesboro, VA
Our trip was just great as usual with Gate 1. Our tour director was excellent and the local guides at the various ruins we visited were very knowledgeable on the Mayan and Aztec cultures. The hotels were well located and the food was great. The most beautiful city we visited was Puebla. If we could recommend any changes it would be to extend this trip by a day or two so we could enjoy the city of Puebla more.Joe M. Sundridge, ON
We greatly enjoyed our Mayan and Aztec Discovery trip in Mexico. Carlos Perez was a very good TM. We enjoyed the cultural and historical information he and the local guides shared.Eric F. Alexandria, VA
10 out of 10. Wonderful. More than I expected. All tour guides were good. Your guide was exceptional among the exception managers I have had. Very well done.Gerald C. Lilburn, GA
Our trip was just great, very informative, we enjoyed every moment. The (Pyramids) temples as they call them were a new experience for us, the food was different then we are use to ,but good, the accommodations were a joy, the weather can not be beat in Mexico . Anyhow we did stay a extra 4 nights in Mexico City and enjoyed even more of this fantastic City and culture, I bet we did enjoyed the City more than our fellow travelers because we had more time …..the tour guide was tremendous a great help to everyone and so courteous and friendly, We had the opportunity to do the “Copper Canyon “tour last year also with Bonifacio as our tour guide and had the same great experience, we certainly would recommend Gate 1 to anyone for a Mexican experience .Josiane D. Ontario, Canada
The tour guide, Bacho, was excellent. Hotel accommodations were fine, food was excellent at all locations. I thought the tour was well worth the money and would recommend it to other people interested in the archaeology of Mexico.Douglas B. Winona, MO