14 Day Eastern Turkey Explorer
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Book By Dec 16, 2021 & Save!
|2022 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $700|
Optional tours and gratuities.
Land only price does not include arrival/departure transfers, but does include intra-flights Istanbul-Gaziantep & Kars-Istanbul.
Arrival and departure transfers are only included for flights to/from Istanbul Airport (IST).
During Ramadan (Apr 2 - May 1, 2022), historic and cultural sites may close early and operate with minimal staff. The order of sightseeing may be changed to accommodate the holiday observance. Traffic congestion is common during Ramadan. Some hotels and restaurants may not serve alcoholic beverages. Entertainment may be limited to be respectful of the holiday observance. Modest dress is suggested during Ramadan (no shorts, short skirts, or sleeveless tops). Use discretion when drinking, eating, and smoking in public between sunrise and sunset.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Istanbul, Istanbul-New York
- All intra-flights: Istanbul-Gaziantep & Kars-Istanbul
- Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 12 nights accommodations
- 3 nights Istanbul
- 1 night Gaziantep
- 2 nights Sanliurfa
- 2 nights Mardin
- 2 nights Van
- 2 nights Kars
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers included only with airfare purchase on package arrival & departure dates†
- 29 meals: 12 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 9 dinners (including welcome & farewell dinners)
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of local English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing and entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals.
- Discover Istanbul's extraordinary sights including the Topkapi Palace, St. Sophia and the Hippodrome
- Hunt for local treasures in the Grand Bazaar - your guide will teach you the "in's and out's" of shopping in the market
- Visit the Zeugma Museum, known for the largest mosaic collection in the world
- Drive to Mount Nemrut, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that overlooks the Euphrates River
- Marvel at Gobeklitepe a Neolithic site, built 6,000 years before Stonehenge, marked by carved limestone megaliths
- In Harran, visit a local beehive shaped house, dating back thousands of years
- Tour the old town of Mardin and visit the Kirklar Church, the Grand Mosque, the Bazaar and a silversmith's atelier
- Cruise to Akdamar Island, home to the 10th century Armenian Holy Cross Cathedral
- Explore the city of Kars, visiting the Ani Ancient City, the Kumbet and Fethiye Mosques, and Kars Castle
†Transfers are available for purchase for land only or on alternative flight dates
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip. Our small group covers a lot of ground each day in cities and in the countryside. Expect to spend two to three hours on your feet during tours. The pace is fast. Some of our tours require walking over cobbled streets, uneven surfaces or up and down steep slopes or steps. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. There are significant driving times of about five hours between Mardin, Van, and Kars. There will be comfort stops between each destination. The elevation of Mount Nemrut is 7,001 feet, this may be a consideration for those who have heart conditions, or are otherwise affected by altitude. We suggest you check with your healthcare provider before signing up for this tour. This is a Small Group program. For more information, click here.
Sign up for Gate 1 Travel's The Deal today! The Deal offers you unique, subscriber only savings that are available for a limited time only delivered to your inbox every week. Don't waste precious hours scouring the web trying to create a low-cost vacation package on your own; The Deal is a simple click away! Subscribe here.
455 Maryland Drive
Ft. Washington, PA 19034 USA
Discovery Tours itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This superior first class hotel is located in the Karakoy neighborhood of Istanbul.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located within the city center of Gaziantep, Turkey and within walking distance of major tourist attractions.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located within easy access to several sights.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located in the city center and offers guests easy access to several sights.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is located on the picturesque Lake Van, giving guests a lovely lakeside break in Eastern Turkey.Hotel Details
This tourist class hotel is located within the city center of Kars, Turkey.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
This unique tour highlights the traditional music and cuisine of Sanliurfa, Turkey, passed down over the last five centuries. Friends and families used to gather weekly in each other's homes for conversation over folkloric games and music, serving local dishes such as "cig kofte" and "mirra." On this optional tour, enjoy a night of centuries old cultural music and food, specially presented by the locals of Sanliurfa.
|Day #6||01 Apr 2022 - 31 Oct 2022||$99.00|
The Turkey tour was fantastic! Wonderful accommodation, small group with great people, clean and comfortable bus, and a GREAT guide, Sayat!James K. Calgary, AB
Our trip to Turkey was f a n t a s t i c !!!! The country is s must-see-do! Our Gate 1 Discovery tour was well planned, exactly executed and our guide Mesut and the driver Kadir are outstanding professionals! They made the vacation as good as it was. We are 100% over the top satisfied! Thanks to everyone who made this trip come true!Martinsburg, WV