8 Day Jordan Walking Tour featuring Petra
Air & Land
Click a Date to Book Online
Click a Date to Book Online
Book By Dec 15, 2022 & Save!
|2023 Dates & Prices Single Supplement: $400|
|Hotel||Dates||Embark||Tour Starts||Ship||Land Only||Air & Land|
Optional tours and gratuities.
During Ramadan (Mar 22 - Apr 21, 2023), historic and cultural sites may close early and operate with minimal staff. The order of sightseeing may be changed to accommodate the holiday observance. Traffic congestion is common during Ramadan. Some hotels and restaurants may not serve alcoholic beverages. Entertainment may be limited to be respectful of the holiday observance. Modest dress is suggested during Ramadan (no shorts, short skirts, or sleeveless tops). Use discretion when drinking, eating, and smoking in public between sunrise and sunset.
Passengers traveling abroad require a passport valid for six months beyond their travel dates. All travelers are responsible to check if a visa is required for all countries on their itinerary. For visa information, check our Visas page.
Is This Trip Right for You?
Walking Tour Package Includes
- Small groups of maximum 22 travelers guaranteed
- Round trip flights New York-Amman, Amman-New York
Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 6 nights accommodations
- 1 night Amman
- 1 night Feynan
- 1 night Petra
- 2 nights Wadi Rum
- 1 night Dead Sea
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- All transfers
- 16 meals: 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 6 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Additional English-speaking assistant with 11+ travelers
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Visa to Jordan
Walking Activity Level
- 1 Easy Day | up to 4 hours of walking a day, easy walking on mostly flat terrain, accessible to all guests in good health
- 4 Moderate Days | 4-6 hours of walking a day, hilly with some steep or uneven terrain, clients should be physically fit and prepared for several hours of activity
- Trek in the desert-like zone of Dana Biosphere Reserve, home to a diverse wildlife
- Explore the Feynan copper mines and learn how copper was discovered and mined, thousands of years ago
- Visit Little Petra with its tombs, temples, and water cisterns carved out of rock
- Hike the spectacular Madras trail which leads you to the astonishing ancient city of Petra
- Travel to Wadi Rum, a surreal desert terrain known as "The Valley of the Moon"
- Embark on a hike to Umm Al Dami, the highest peak in Jordan, located at the edge of Wadi Rum desert
- Discover Jordan's stunning Wadi Mujib river canyon with its towering sandstone cliffs
- Float in the buoyant, salty waters of the Dead Sea
Is This Trip Right for You?
This very active trip covers a fair amount of ground each day. Expect up to five hours of walking, or hiking every touring day. The pace is easy to moderate. On day 7, the hike to Wadi Al-Hasa river canyon, requires walking through water, therefore wearing waterproof clothing and hiking footwear is advised. Participants must be in excellent physical condition in order to keep up the pace on hikes. Moderate training is recommended prior to the trip. You will encounter some uneven wet surfaces, stairs, steep steps, unpaved and rocky terrain, as well as significant slopes. Walking sticks are recommended. Only "nature toilets" will be available during the hikes, due to limited access to bathroom facilities. We suggest you check with your healthcare provider before signing up for this tour. The final route and activities are subject to change based on weather conditions. It is recommended to hold a personal travel insurance to cover any kind of accident. This is a Walking program
This itinerary requires a high level of physical fitness with up to 5 hours of walking per day. The route and activities are subject to change based on weather conditions. Please see the "Is This Trip Right for You?" section and the Trip Preparation tab for more information.
Gate 1 Travel itineraries may contain suggestions for activities for your leisure time; these suggestions do not constitute a recommendation nor an endorsement of any specific service provider and the decision to participate in any such activities should be made independently.
This first class hotel is located in the Abdoun district of Amman.Hotel Details
This tourist class lodge is located on the edge of the Dana Biosphere Reserve.Hotel Details
This first class hotel is situated just steps from the entrance gate to the Petra Ruins.Hotel Details
This deluxe camp is located in the Wadi Rum desert.Hotel Details
- Tours purchased while travelling may cost an extra 10% or more
- Tours often sell out. Avoid disappointment
- Save your cash. Credit card processing may not be possible locally
- Travel insurance only covers services purchased prior to departure
- Book Online or call to book these tours up to 1 week before your departure
- The day the optionals operate varies by the day of the week
The adventure starts with a 20 minute presentation on the stars and a look at the cosmos. After the presentation, step outside under the canopy of Wadi Rum's brilliant, starry sky. Experience an incredible evening of stargazing guided by a professional astronomer, who will point out the constellations and stars. Then, get your first amazing look at the sky through state-of-the-art telescopes, opening up the wonders of the Universe for you to view with your own eyes.
Approximate tour duration is 3 hours.
|Day #6||01 Mar 2023 - 31 Oct 2023||$35.00|
Arise before dawn, and take off in a hot air balloon as you watch the breathtaking sunrise over the majestic mountains in Wadi Rum. Take in the stunning scenery of Wadi Rum, known as the Valley of the Moon, a once in a lifetime experience.
Approximate tour duration is 2 hours.
Due to limited capacity, advanced booking is recommended for this tour. The hot air balloon ride is subject to weather conditions and will only be fully confirmed the day prior.
|Day #7||01 Mar 2023 - 31 Oct 2023||$220.00|