Mission: To deliver More of the World for Less by developing quality, affordable vacations for North Americans. To provide exemplary service to our customers and to earn their loyalty. To respect our partners. To invest in our employees, providing a safe and comfortable work environment. To know and understand our products and destinations. To constantly innovate and be a leader in technology.
- Founded in 1981 with 3 employees; now with over 200 employees worldwide
- Headquarters: Fort Washington, PA (Suburban Philadelphia)
- Overseas Offices: Hungary, China, Costa Rica, Egypt, Morocco, Argentina, Indonesia, Great Britain, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Peru, Ecuador, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam
- 30+ years of providing travel services to clientèle
Hours of Operation
Toll-Free Phone Number: 800-682-3333
Reservations Department Hours:
Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday: 10 AM - 4:00 PM
Emergency Assistance: 24 Hours
- Escorted Tours - Group Tours
- Small Group Tours
- European River Cruises
- Escorted Bus Tour/Sea Cruise Combinations
- Independent City Stays
- Independent Fly & Drive Packages
- Multi-Destination Rail Packages
- Customized Vacations (Vacation Builder)
- Custom Groups
- Group Air
Gate 1 Travel employs over 200 highly qualified, experienced staff in the following areas:
- Product Development
- Information Technology
- Information Technology Research & Development
- Reservation & Information Department
- Custom Groups
- Customer Care
- Operations & Accounting
- Overseas Service Office Staff (Hungary, China, Costa Rica, Egypt, Morocco, Argentina, Indonesia, Great Britain, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Peru, Ecuador, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam)
- Air Department and Airline Ticketing
- Group Air Department
- Human Resources
- Bus Drivers, Tour Managers, Cruise Managers and Guides are excluded from the staff listed above.
Target Consumer Market
Gate 1 Travel's target market is a traveler seeking high quality, affordable travel ranging from a superior tourist class to moderate deluxe class level of accommodations with the highest level of service.
Gate 1 Travel is backed by the largest, most well-respected financial institutions and insurance providers, guaranteeing the greatest level of financial security to every passenger. Gate 1 welcomes your inquiries of any of those independent offices.
Gate 1 Travel's active membership in USTOA (United States Tour Operators Association), a professional organization representing the world's leading tour operators, requires that Gate 1 meet a minimum requirement of $1 million professional liability insurance (Gate 1 maintains a $5 million policy).
Additionally , Gate 1 is required to participate in the USTOA $1 Million Travelers Assistance Program, requiring them to post $1 million in security, held by USTOA, in the unlikely event of bankruptcy or insolvency.
Key Supplier Relationships
Airline Partners [Net Contract]
Gate 1 Travel has partnerships and contracts with the following carriers: AA; AC; AF; AI; AR; AT; AZ; AY; BA; BD; CA; CI; CM; CX; DJ; DL; EI; FI; G3; IB; JK; JJ; LA/LP/XL/4M; LH; LX; LY; MS; NH; NW/KL; NZ; OK; OS; OZ; QF; SA; SK; TA/LR; TP; TK; UA; US; VS; VV; 6H; 9W
Gate 1 Travel is affiliated with USTOA (United States Tour Operator Association), IATA (The International Airlines Travel Agent Network) and PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association).